Welcome to Debbie Mehaffy Independent Celebrant
Are you looking for an alternative, meaningful way to mark your special occasion?
As a qualified independent celebrant, I have trained with Civil Ceremonies UK to national qualification level at NOCN Level 3 Diploma in Celebrancy.
The ceremonies I offer include:
* a celebration of your wedding
* the renewal of your vows
* commitment ceremonies
* a celebration of your civil partnership
* naming ceremonies
Wedding Celebration Ceremony
What is a Wedding or Partnership Celebration Ceremony?
A ceremony for couples of any gender that follows your legal marriage or partnership formalities, either the same day or some time afterwards. You can share your love for each other with your family and friends, in the ceremony that you really want.
These ceremonies don’t replace legal procedures.
If you say “Yes” to any of the following, the Wedding Celebration Ceremony is for you!
- You want your ceremony in a private house or garden
- You want the ceremony outside.
- You want to get married abroad but also want to share your wedding celebration with friends and family when you return
- You want your ceremony in a particular venue that isn’t licensed for marriages or civil partnership
- You want religious or cultural traditions, which aren’t allowed at a Register Office or in a religious ceremony
- You want to include spiritual, religious or symbolic elements with special meaning to you
- You want your evening guests to be able to attend a ceremony as well.
- You want to invite more guests than can be accommodated in a register office.
These ceremonies are for couples of any gender
Every Naming Ceremony is special and will meet the individual needs and wishes of your family.
Your Naming Ceremony can be specially created using your own selection of words, poems and readings. You can make promises to your child and have older children, family and significant adults take part too.
During the ceremony, a special commemorative certificate is signed and presented.
There are many ways to make your child’s ceremony a very personal, meaningful and unique event for all those involved.